Arguments for and against integrating care in her London Borough: Integrating Health and Social Care services is in the spotlight in terms of government policy and local planning and can be considered an important contemporary health and social care issue. Health services and social care services are often too fragmented and based around the needs of service organisation, culture and professional boundaries rather than the needs of patients. The government wants to see the integration of health and social care, in every area of England, by 2020. Despite this, integration is the exception rather than the norm. There are different views, and there is a variety of evidence, on the drivers and the obstacles for integrated care. Your newly elected Member of Parliament (MP) for your London Borough, has asked you to prepare a report for her on the arguments for and against integrating care in her Borough. You must present conclusions and 4 to 6 recommendations on the integration of care in the Borough which flow from the arguments used in the body of the report. The assignment must be in a report format. You must address the issues relating to integration both in a national context and in relation to a London Borough of your choice.
- A clear introduction, which outlines the key issues to be addressed in the report. The introduction should set the context and refer to the core aspects of integrating health and social care services, both nationally and in the local area chosen by the student, with a particular focus on the main areas and arguments covered in the report. There should be a brief reference to the methodology used in the report, including the quality of the evidence base. 10%
- Critical analysis of the issue of integrating care, including a critical analysis of government and local policy in the area of integrated care, leading to clear recommendations for action. This will include an examination and critical appraisal of relevant and appropriate evidence base in relation to integrated care, both nationally and in the local area you have chosen. The analysis should demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the driving forces, and the restraining forces, in relation to the implementation of integrated care. The analysis should include an examination of the evidence base, using international, national and local sources. 40%
- Application of healthcare management, public health, change management, organisational theory, leadership theory, quality approaches and other frameworks to critically analyse the issue of integrated care. 20%
- Conclusions and recommendations which flow from the arguments being made in the report. The recommendations should be relevant to the Local Authority area you have chosen. 20%
- Report format, demonstration of logical structure, good syntax, grammar and referencing in the written report 10%
Points to consider:
- Use of management theory such as Fayol, Taylor, Mayo’s Human Relations theory, to analyse integrated care
- Use of organisational theory such as system’s theory to analyse the issues raised by different agencies working towards integrated care
- Use of Kurt Lewin’s and other change management theory to examine the driving and restraining forces, and other mechanisms to achieve change
- Use of leadership theory, such as transactional, transformational and distributed leadership, to analyse the progress (or lack of it) in integrated care.
- Examination of the evidence base, such as international evidence from New Zealand and USA, think tanks such as the Kings Fund and the Nuffield Trust, government reports, emerging evidence from the Vanguard Trusts, as well as journals and academic publictions.
- Use of local reports from the Borough of your choice in relation to integrated care, e.g. from Vanguard Trusts, CCG’s, Local Authority Health Scrutiny Committee, the Health and Wellbeing Committee.
- Use of the report format guidance to create a strong well-argued report which leads to clear and powerful recommendations. The format you use should include the following:
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE