Assessment task: As an OPERATING DEPARTMENT PRACTITIONER, YOU ARE required to undertake a case study of an Obstetrics (lower segment caesarean section) patient with complex anaesthetic and surgical care needs under GENERAL ANAESTHESIA. An in-depth appraisal of the evidence base that supports the assessment, planning and delivery of care throughout the anaesthetic, surgical and post-anaesthetic phases of the patient journey.
- Examine the perioperative needs of patients with specialist requirements.
This will be in relation to advanced anaesthetic and surgical techniques, as well as aspects of care related
to critically ill patients.
- considers the perioperative requirements of the patient with specialist anaesthetic and surgical requirements.
Specialist Patient Groups
- Obstetrics (including lower segment caesarean section), anatomy and physiological changes occurring in the neonate at birth
- Emergencies i.e. anaphylaxis, difficult airway, shock
- Interpretation and understanding of blood gases
- Planning and implementing interventions based on interpretation of CVP, arterial and pulmonary wedge pressures
- Arterial line – invasive blood pressure
- Autologous blood transfusion/cell savers
- Non-anaesthetic pharmacology
- Critically Ill Patient Transport
In-hospital transfer of patients
- Policies and procedures NHS UK
1.2 Learning outcomes to be assessed
Expected to be able to:
Critically explore the care requirements of a patient with complex anaesthetic and surgical needs, via a case study.
2.Undertake an in-depth appraisal of the evidence base, which supports the delivery of anaesthetics and surgical patient care.
(Learning Outcomes 1,2)
This case study patient will be transferred directly from the operating theatre to the ICU – IINTESIVE CARE UNIT
MUST CRITICALLY ANALYSE THE FOLLOWING:
- WHAT ARE THE CRITICAL STAGES OF SURGICAL CARE COMPLEX PROCEDURE
- ROLE OF OPERATING DEPARTMENT PRACTIONER INTERMS OF NON-TECHNICAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS DURING ANAESTHETIC AND SURGICAL CARE PHASES
- WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION SURGICAL CHECKLIST
- END OF SURGERY DIRECT TRANSFER OF PATIENT TO ICU- INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (briefly describe)
SOURCES MUST INCLUDE
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF CLINICAL EXCELLENCE (NICE UK)
- HEALTH AND CARE PROFESSIONS COUNCIL (HCPC)
- ASSOCIATION OF ANEASTHETISTS OF GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND (AAGBI)
- COCHRANE LIBRARY SYTEMATIC REVIEW
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE