Read the case study Dennis Holt, then answer the following questions:
1. Identify the diagnosis providing the accurate DSM-5diagnosis.
2. If she or he only partially fits the criteria based on the information provided in the case, what else do you need to know to make a more certain diagnosis?
3. Considering your case, outline core beliefs to automatic thoughts flow chart . Include core beliefs, rules, attitudes & assumptions, situation, automatic thoughts, and emotion in a way that shows the flow. You may add information as needed to the case description.
4. Describe fully two Cognitive Behavior Therapy homework assignments you might use with your case.
5. What obstacles will you need to overcome to assist the client in completing the assignments? How can you intervene to reduce the likelihood of this problem.
**Please see attached information to help complete the assignment
Dennis Holt, 31 years old, divorced, and an insurance salesman has generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder with agoraphobia.
Denis displays a mixture of symptoms that fit the two disorders. He has both anxiety and depression. The problems that Dennis experiences are as a result of his vulnerability to stress and his behavioral responses that aggravate and maintain high levels of anxiety in him. The first panic attack occurred in an event that Dennis considered stressful. His wife, Mary, had requested him to have dinner with her boss. After the attack, Dennis was focusing more energy to ensure that he avoids another attack. The next attack occurred six months later indication of how distant the attacks were.
Dennis experienced palpitations, shortness of breath, choking, chest pains, abdominal distress, unsteady, and he also had the fear of losing control of himself. In panic disorders, the patient must experience unexpected panic attacks. Furthermore, the person experiences at least one month of worrying about another attack that forces the person to change their behavior to avoid another attack (Leahy, 2004). On the other hand, agoraphobia is being in a situation that the person feels he cannot get any help and an escape is hard to find. Generalized anxiety disorder, operates toward the beginning of a temporal sequence, distant in time from the first occurrence of the disorder (Leahy, 2004). From the APA (2013), the Dennis case meets the DSM-5 criteria for both panic disorder with agoraphobia and generalized anxiety disorder.
Additional Information Needed To Make A More Certain Diagnosis
I need more information on his relationship with his father and more on his childhood development in order to detect the cause of the anxiety and depression. In addition, more information on his family history to detect if the disorder is inherited. The causes of his stressful situations need to be revealed. Finally, I would look into his relationships with the multiple girlfriends that he had and what views he held in relation to school work and his current work.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE