Complete a one page synthesis paper for each module. The modules are: Genocide/Colonialism, and Slavery/Capitalism. The paper must synthesize lecture material with the core films for the week, with a focus on applying the logics of white supremacy to structural health outcomes.
|course materials synthesis
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome demonstrates understanding of taped lecture||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome demonstrates understanding of unnatural causes video||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome demonstrates understanding of second course video for the week||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome demonstrates understanding of Nieto readings||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome includes in depth discussion of the impact that chosen framework has on structural health outcomes||
|Total Points: 10.0|
- I. Slavery/Capitalism
- Ethnic notions
Marlon T. Riggs, producer, director, screenwriter.; Esther Rolle, narrator.; California Newsreel (Firm); Films for the Humanities & Sciences (Firm); Films Media Group.
2012 New York, N.Y. : Films Media Group
- The documentary film “13th” by Ava DuVernay, and
- Unnatural Causes When the Bough Break
- Read Nieto pgs 242-256See attachment
- Lecture Notes:
- Legacy of slavery is still affecting us today. 1865 slavery started. Worst time of race relation was between 1890 and 1940.
- 13thamendment: loophole. Slavery shall be illegal except as punishment for crime
- Start racial division s in reactions to Ferguson police shooting: Blacks and Whites have sharply d/t reactions to the police shooting of an unarmed teen in Ferguson, MO. Black: race is an issue. Whites: race is not an issue.
- Agent skills= uses indifference
- Melissa Harris –Perry showed many unarmed black guys killed.
- Deadly force in Black and White: Probiblica data: White or Black, slain by police tended to be roughly the same age.
- Darren Wilson, Michael Brown and cultural stereotypes propaganda. Blacks as bruts, savage, were stereotypes by Whites to deflect attention on their own crimes.
- Target skills to disrupt oppressions when the police tried to arrest a Black guy (Target). Some of the people reaction in the street was Empowerment skill( they said, you are racist cop, If you are going to arrest him, you are going to arrest all of us. Some of the people use Strategy Skill, when they said, Sir, we are trying to give him water; they were polite, not aggressive with the police officer.
1. Unnatural Causes–Bad Sugar
2. Watch Awake: A Dream From Standing Rock
3. Read Nieto Target Skills–Pgs 141-195 See attachment
4. Lecture notes:
- How European came to dominate: The development of technology around weaponry. They Explore because of curiosity increased, they had to expand their power
- Columbusdiscovery: People exaggerate about the weather (as bad, when it is not), said bad about the crew, sail, they wrote a dairy of their feelings
- Cognitive dissonance: something we do it automatically.
- How white Europeans act towards Native Americans? They created laws to separate people. When a new group of people, they first start to know each other before they make a war. Columbus about cognitive dissonance of Native Americans was: He described the natives first as well built and intelligent, well organized, highly civilized society, good custom and pleasure to see them, but later, he described them quickly as stupid, war-like people. Whereas, he described the White Europeans as ethically and morally right.
- The people oppressed by the system are lazy, stupid, ignorant and criminalist, they have some problem with their culture, it is their fault. Columbus also did the same.
- Racismis a form of cognitive dissonance. White Europeans said these people are not human, they are different, child-like, uncivilized, the natives need to be killed; they need to be slaves to civilize them.
- Columbus Day changed: Italian Americans protested
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE