The Assignment should include a brief introduction that will provide an outline of the assignment to follow. Any additional information deemed relevant by the author should be included as an Appendix.
The assignment should be submitted through Turnitin
Instructions on the Consumer Assessment Task:
You are required to complete the following consumer assessment task.
- For the consumer assessment you are required to choose a consumer from within your practice in the field of mental health nursing for your assessment.
- You should seek to choose a consumer with whom you will be able to do more than one interview (or will have regular contact).
- You are required to choose a consumer with whom you would already have had regular contact in the course of undertaking your work as a mental health nurse, and base your assessment upon any interactions that you would normally have had with that consumer
- You are required to maintain the consumer’s confidentiality and anonymity at all times (I’d suggest you create a pseudonym for this).
- You are required to complete the consumer assessment by utilising:
- Consumer Interviews
- Case Notes
- Other appropriate information sources
Please note, that information sourced must be noted / referenced within your consumer assessment.
- You will also be required to incorporate into your assignment any appropriate consumer assessment tools such as the Suicide Rating Scale and HoNOS that you have used. These can be same the tool(s) that you have already critiqued as part of an earlier assessment if you would like and are to be attached as an Appendix.
- You are also required to undertake and journal your reflections on the process of completing the assessment as you go along. You will then include this as the final (separate) section of the assignment as a personal reflection. This section is expected to be approximately 500 words in size.
- A Checklist and Example Format is included below for your use though you can utilise a different structure for your assignment if would like to do so. A Marking Guide is also included. If you decide to use a different structure for your assignment please make sure that you have met all the requirements of the marking guide.
- As with the first Assessment Task you must support your writing with appropriate references from the literature in areas such as  key concepts and ideas,  skills utilised/ applied,  theoretical constructs or models  symptoms and diagnoses,  communication strategies / observations and  any other situations where your writing is based upon prior knowledge / literature.
An Alternative Assessment Focus
Students that do not have access to mental health consumer are able to undertake this consumer assessment assignment by developing a case study.
This can be based upon their [a] previous clinical experience, [b] personal life or [c] a combination of the above.
If you wish to use this option please contact the Course Coordinator to discuss the details.
Reflective Journaling Section:
Once you have completed the Comprehensive Assessment part of the assignment you are then required to complete a Reflective Journaling section as the last part of this Assessment task. This reflection needs to be more than a simply descriptive summary of your experience of the assessment process and equally it shouldn’t be a ‘scorecard’ reporting on how ‘well’ you think you did. You need to take a step back from the clinical process of undertaking this assessment and consider the personal experience that occurred.
There are many different ways to approach this (and there is no one ‘right’ way) so you have a great deal of choice in how you complete this section. I’ve included some (entirely optional) sample questions below to ask yourself to get the reflective process started. These aren’t intended to be answered Q & A style; they’re there to get the creative juices flowing.
- What were my expectations going into the assessment interaction?
- Where was my headspace at going into the assessment interaction?
- What personal / emotional factors were influencing me going into the assessment interaction?
- What contextual factors were influencing me going into the assessment interaction?
- What contextual factors were influencing the consumer going into the assessment interaction?
- What corporate / institutional factors did I notice occurring during the assessment interaction?
- What thoughts / emotions did I notice occurring during the assessment interaction?
- Did I notice any strong personal (cognitive / emotional) responses during the assessment interaction?
- What influence did my question (to the consumer) and broader communication have upon the assessment interaction?
- How comfortable did I feel during the assessment interaction?
- Did I experience any uncertainty / apprehension / anxiety during the assessment interaction?
- Do I feel like I was able to empathise with the consumer?
- Do I feel like I got a real sense of this person’s unique lived world experience / perspective?
- If I could have my time over, what changes might I make to what I did / did not do during the assessment interaction?
These are these to stimulate reflection not restrict it so please use or discard at your own discretion.
Whilst you’re right the DSM-5 formulation will fit quite well into the Summary section and the History as reported by others information will fit into the Personal and Family Hx sections as one source of information.
Assessment Task Two Marking Guide:
- Presenting Issue /2
- Past Mental Health Treatment /2
- Current Mental Health Treatment /2
- Living, Financial and Occupational Status
- Family History /2
- Personal History /3
- Recovery Engagement /3
- Mental Status Examination /8
- Risk Assessment /5
- Summary /3
- Problem Definition /3
- Reflective Journaling /10
- Appendices and Referencing /5
Total Mark /50
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE