Lab Module One:
Material Properties and Ashby Charts using CES Edupack Software
A paragraph or two detailing what was done, the main outcome, and why it was important. Ideas / suggestions: relate the lab to concepts from class; discuss the main fundamental relationship(s) involved in the lab activity; discuss the reason why the concepts from the lab activity are important for some application; describe the engineering importance of the Ashby chart that you created.
MATERIAL PROPERTY CHART:
Paste chart(s) here. Follow the instructions on page 17 of the Lab Manual.
RESULTS AND QUESTIONS:
Written response: For each question, write a short paragraph (2-4 sentences) that thoroughly answers the following questions. These are not “short answer” or “yes/no” questions – demonstrate your conceptual understanding of the laboratory activities and results.
- What material properties did you select for your Properties Chart? Why do you feel these properties complement each other?
- What is the relation between these properties? Does one property affect the other? How and why?
- What does your chart demonstrate about the “material families” discussed on page 15 of the lab manual? What conclusions can you make about the relationships between these materials and their respective families?
- How does chemical bonding relate to the relations shown in your chart? What sort of bonds are involved and why is this important?
- How do the material relationships relate to a particular engineering application? What application? What guidance does the chart give in this application?
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE