Assignment 2: Case study: Compare and contrast traditional teaching and learning practice with ‘New Learning’ practices. After you have read this information, head over to the Q&A Assignment 2 discussion board to ask any questions and see what your peers are saying about this assignment.
Case studies depict real-life scenarios or problems that help people to consider multiple ways of looking at a problem or issue. They can also help align theory with practice.
This assignment requires you to compare and contrast traditional teaching and learning with new practices, and examine the use of new technologies and internal and external partnerships to enhance teaching and learning. Part of this assignment requires you to participate in a discussion with your learning group around how curriculum and pedagogy is changing in the 21st century.
This assignment requires you to work both independently and with your learning group, to analyse and respond to the scenario below. You are required to respond to the scenario through the lens of a Year Two teacher in the Year Two teaching team.
There are two parts that will need to be completed individually and one part, that although will need to be completed individually, has a compulsory group discussion component built into it. You will be expected to submit your own original submission at the end.
Two small primary schools in rural Victoria have recently been awarded government funding to redevelop and combine as one new school. As a part of this large scale redevelopment project, new purpose-built facilities will be constructed and a substantial amount of funding will be allocated for new technologies to be purchased—with the aim of supporting 21st century teaching and learning practices. As a part of the initial stages of this redevelopment, and in order to gain input from all staff members, all staff have been asked to work in their year level teams to formulate a response to the following points:
- Discuss what new technologies you feel are essential inclusions for your year level, as a part of the redevelopment project. Justify your selection, based on how they will support effective 21st century teaching and learning practices.
- Identify and justify some of the internal and external partnerships in Education that you might need to draw upon as a year level, to assist you with the transition into a new teaching and learning environment. Take into consideration students, staff and families.
- As a year level team, you will be required to prepare an information session (for all of the families within your level) to communicate the changes that will be taking place as a part of the redevelopment project. Foundational to this discussion, will be your role in educating families on how curriculum and pedagogy is changing in the 21st century, and in supporting your discussion with practical examples that compare traditional teaching practices to 21stcentury teaching practices. In your teaching team, you are required to engage in an in-depth and ongoing professional discussion around this to establish a shared understanding. Based on this collaboration, you are required to provide a summary of the key ideas and examples that you would communicate to families.
Your scenario response should be structured as a report and must contain the following five components under separate sub-headings:
- Selection and justification of new technologies (a 450 word individual task): Your justification must be based on how your selected new technologies will support effective 21st century teaching and learning practices.
- Identification and justification of relevant internal and external partnerships in Education (a 450 word individual task): Students, staff and families must be considered.
- Summary of the how curriculum and pedagogy is changing in the 21st century, supported by examples comparing traditional teaching practices to 21st century teaching practices (a 600 word individual task with a compulsory discussion component):
- In your learning group, you are required to use the Week 11 discussion board, to engage in an in-depth and ongoing professional discussion around how curriculum and pedagogy is changing in the 21st Furthermore, you are required to consider practical examples that compare traditional teaching practices to 21st century teaching practices to support your discussion. In order for you to pass this assignment task, there must be clear evidence of your contributions to the discussion.
- Based on the understandings and insight that you gain from the discussion, you are required to develop a summary of the key ideas and examples that you would communicate to families. This part of the task must be developed individually and written in your own words.
- Reference list: Must adhere to APA referencing style and will not contribute to overall word count.
- Evidence of collaboration (appendix): Must include screenshots of the discussion that include your contribution. This should not be more than two pages and will not count towards your word count.
Related learning outcomes
This task is assessing your ability to demonstrate that you meet the criteria for the following unit learning outcomes:
- Compare and contrast traditional teaching and learning practice with ‘New Learning’ practices.
- Examine the use of new technologies for teaching and learning.
- Explain how curriculum and pedagogy is changing in the 21st
- Recognise the importance of internal and external partnerships in Education.
Word limit: 1500 (+/- 10%)
Due date: 5pm AEST Monday 1 October 2018 (Week 12)
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE