Assignment: Write a 750 to 1000 word essay that makes an argument about how best to address global poverty.
Your goal in this paper is to
To do this, you should addressing the following questions:
- What is the problem?
Research information on facts about poverty- where, who, how many, why.
- What sorts of solutions are currently being proposed?
Research information on how poverty is being addressed now or in the future
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of those proposals?
Research and your own position.
- Which proposals do you believe are most effective, and why?
Research and your own position
Your purpose in this essay is to develop an argument for how best to address rising poverty. Your essay should demonstrate critical thinking and logical reasoning, and your writing must be supported by convincing textual evidence from the readings.
Your final draft must be in APA, which means that it must have 1-inch top, bottom, right and left margins; be double spaced and set in 12pt. Times New Roman font; and include running headers with last name and page numbers. Your final paper must also include APA in-text citations and a properly formatted APA reference list.
- Make a bibliography of at least 10 citations (at least one scholarly Journal article!)
- Rewrite the thesis
Max Roser and Esteban Ortiz-Ospina (2018) – “Global Extreme Poverty”. OurWorldInData.org. Retrieved from: ‘https://ourworldindata.org/extreme-poverty’
“It is important to note that the International Poverty Line is extremely low. Indeed, ‘extreme poverty’ is an adequate term for those living under this low threshold. Focusing on extreme poverty is important precisely because it captures those most in need. However, it is also important to point out that living conditions well above the International Poverty Line can still be characterized by poverty and hardship. Accordingly, in this entry we will also discuss the global distribution of people below poverty lines that are higher than the International Poverty Line of 1.90 int.-$.”
No author. 11 Facts about poverty.( n.d) https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-global-poverty
- Nearly 1/2 of the world’s population — more than 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. More than 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty — less than $1.25 a day.
- 1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty.
- 805 million people worldwide do not have enough food to eat. Food banks are especially important in providing food for people that can’t afford it themselves. Run a food drive outside your local grocery store so people in your community have enough to eat. Sign up for Supermarket Stakeout.
- More than 750 million people lack adequate access to clean drinking water. Diarrhea caused by inadequate drinking water, sanitation, and hand hygiene kills an estimated 842,000 people every year globally, or approximately 2,300 people per day.
- In 2011, 165 million children under the age 5 were stunted (reduced rate of growth and development) due to chronic malnutrition.
(This site has facts and sources. Check it out)
Barringer M (2017, April 29) 10 ways to reduce poverty in the world. The Borgen Project. https://borgenproject.org/10-ways-to-reduce-poverty-in-the-world/
- Develop and implement rapid and sustained economic growth policiesand programs, in areas such as health, education, nutrition and sanitation, allowing the poor to participate and contribute to the growth. Studies show that a 10 percent increase in a country’s average income reduces poverty by as much as 20-30 percent.
- Improve management of water and other natural resources.Most of the rural poor depend on agriculture or other natural resources for their livelihood. Consequently, it is necessary that they have more equitable access to those resources so they are better able to manage their resources.
- Invest in and implement agricultural programs.China has helped 800 million people out of poverty since 1978. As a part of its strategy to eradicate poverty by 2020, the Agricultural Bank of China will lend more than $400 billion to help develop rural areas, fund education, infrastructure, and crop production.
- Encourage countries to engage in trade as a path out of poverty.Trade is the key to growth and prosperity. Some of the world’s poorest countries including Indonesia, Botswana and Brazil have traded their way out of poverty.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE