The purpose of this assignment is to give you the opportunity to demonstrate all of the critical thinking, organizing, researching, writing, and documenting skills you have practiced and developed this semester. Develop an argument supported by researched and reasoned evidence for your critical analysis of any of the readings about L.A. from the semester. Discuss how the text you are analyzing relates to your own cultural and historical context.
Compare the historical and cultural situation in which the text was written with your own historical and cultural moment. Consider how your understanding and judgment of the reading are affected by your own context.
State your claim in your introduction. Then provide your supporting reasons and evidence in well-organized paragraphs with topic sentences. Provide opposing arguments and a rebuttal. Formulate a strong conclusion.
Your essay should be 6-8 pages. Give your essay a title that accurately forecasts your claim. Use MLA style for in-text citations and your list of Works Cited at the end. Use at least five appropriate, timely, and relevant sources.
Your essay should explore and develop the following:
Compare and contrast the cultural and historical context of the text(s) you analyze with your own cultural and historical moment.
Monday, Nov.26: Final draft and Reading and Writing Journal due at the beginning of class.
Excellent Papers (A grade) will display the following characteristics:
- A thoughtful consequential claim that states your position, your supporting reasons, and compelling evidence from the texts for holding that position.
- An organization for the essay that follows logically fro your claim with topic sentences that organize each paragraph.
- A rebuttal of the opposing arguments.
- Carefully edited and proofread final draft.
- At least 5 appropriate sources correctly documented in-text and in Works Cited at the end using MLA format.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE