Identify the factors that would be most important to anticipate when preparing an employee for an overseas assignment. In your Studies for this unit, you read Donna Chamberlain’s 2013 article, “Overseas Work Assignments,” which explores areas beyond compensation that can be used to entice an employee to accept an overseas assignment. You have also been reading about Hofstede’s cultural model and about the complexities of managing an international team.
Use the theories and methods described in at least one of the readings for this unit to identify the factors that would be most important to anticipate when preparing an employee for an overseas assignment. Justify why you selected this factor. What gaps still exist that need to be researched to make the use of this factor more effective?
Recall your change management readings from Unit 6, as well, as you complete this assignment. Any move to a new location is change. When this means adapting to an entirely new culture, the change is often amplified.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
- Analyze the social and economic events that impact HR roles and
practices in the global workforce of the 21st century.
- Integrate relevant theory and best practices to design HRM strategies that foster an innovative, creative workplace, given the 21st century challenges.
- Analyze the shifting role of human resources in today’s organization and the impact of changing competency models on this role.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
Note: In all of your responses for this assignment, support your ideas with references to course readings and/or your own research.
Choose a country where a U.S.-based company might choose to relocate an employee. Address the following, based on the cultural profile of the country you have chosen:
Use the Hofstede, G. (n.d.). Cultural dimensions. Retrieved from https://geert-hofstede.com/cultural-dimensions.htmlThis link will provide an in-depth review of Hofstede’s cultural dimension model.to identify the most important factor to anticipate when preparing an employee for an overseas assignment to the country of your choice. Justify why you selected this factor as a key one to anticipate.
- Distinguished score: In your analysis,
account for what HRM professionals can realistically do in this scenario.
- Select two models
have you studied—in this course or elsewhere—that you would recommend for HR
professionals in this scenario. Compare and contrast how these models would
impact this process.
- Distinguished score: Account for what HRM professionals can realistically do in this scenario.
- What gaps still
exist that need to be researched to make the use of this factor more effective?
- Distinguished score: Identify ways that the HRM field can draw upon research provided by scholars in other disciplines.
- To what extent
should human resources professionals be leaders in the transformational process
of shifting an employee into an overseas position? What specific tasks should
- Distinguished score: Discuss what the HR professional’s priorities should be when time and resources are limited.
- Select two models have you studied—in this course or elsewhere—that you would recommend for HR professionals in this scenario. Compare and contrast how these models would impact this process.
In responding to the above, be sure to incorporate at least two scholarly sources that you found in your own independent research.
Refer to the scoring guide for information on how you will be graded.
- Written communication: Written
communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman 12-point font.
Submit your Overseas Work Assignments paper to this assignment.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE