Task: For this individual essay assignment, students will be asked to choose one international, national, or state level policy framework or NCD prevention/management project/program or current chronic care framework to identify strategies to address NCDs and critically analyse it in terms of how well it addresses the burden of NCDs in a particular community. Students will be asked to critically assess who is included and excluded, what kinds of strategies are being employed and to offer well-reasoned evidence-based discussion on their effectiveness. Students will also be asked to consider the role of patient care and professional practice in the prevention and management of NCDs.
Length: 2500 words
Your paper should be in report style with an introduction, a thesis statement, a description of the policy or organization, critical analysis, recommendations and a conclusion.
A critical review “involves or requires making judgments as to the truth, merit, relevance, effectiveness, breadth, contribution of something to a particular field, as well as its informational structure.” You should show your underlying knowledge base on NCDs which provides a context and an understanding of the breadth of the subject matter (i.e. cite course learning, readings etc.). While not all of this document is strictly relevant.
Some questions that you might consider addressing (choose a couple from below - you don’t have space to tackle them all):
- Who developed the policy and why? Who wrote it? Who didn’t write it? What interests do they have in the outcomes?
- What is the organisation? Who runs it? Who funds them? How does this affect their interests?
- How are key terms defined? What is included or not included?
- Who is included in the policy/program/organisation? Who is not included?
- What is covered in the policy/program/organisation? What is not covered?
- Are the goals of the policy/program/organisation evidence-based, well-articulated, achievable, and sustainable? (hint: have a look at the WHO ‘Best Buys’)
- Is there an evidence-based discussion of risk factors, social determinants, co-morbidities?
- What kind of measures are proposed to improve health? Are the measures based on coercion or incentives? How are these influenced by the Australian/State/Local political context? How will they work in relation to vulnerable groups?
- How well is cross-sectoral action articulated? Who is included as partners? Who is not included? How will partners be included? What role will they have in defining the issues and/or making decisions?
- How well is the role of the community articulated? Who is included as community? Who is not included? How will community voices be included? What role will they have in defining the issues and/or making decisions?
- Are there enough funds resources to ensure success/sustainability?
- Are there any criticisms of the policy/program/organisation in the media? In academic or government circles? Do you think that these criticisms are justified?
Support your opinions with evidence. Ask what’s there. Ask what’s missing.
|1 - (10%)
Introduction to the program, policy, or organisation, the vulnerable group and approach to the assignment tasks set out in a clear thesis statement
|Introduction did a good job of describing the program, policy or organisation, and to the specific vulnerable community. There is a clear,
well-organised thesis statement setting out your approach
Description of the role of the program, organisation
or policy, the communities, burden of disease, risk factors and social determinants that it is designed to address
|You provide a solid description of the role of the organisation or policy, the burden of disease, and risk
factors and social determinants it is designed to address
Critical analysis of the current NCD policy or organisation’s role and the implications for one (or more) communities
|Your report includes a solid critical analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the policy or organisation’s work. You have cited sources well in support of your analysis|
Some practical recommendations on how to better implement the current policy that are based on your description and analysis
|Your work includes several useful recommendations that show a good understanding of the strengths and weaknesses you identified in your approach to the description and analysis|
Consider the role of professional practice
|Your work provides a solid discussion on the role of
professional practice and development in relation to your policy or organisation
Report is well-structured with attention to grammar, spelling and punctuation; citing and referencing is
Correct. (Harvard style)
|the report structure is good. There are few problems with spelling and/or grammar. Citations and references are almost perfect|
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE