|LG1: Section 1: Students choose a natural biogeochemical cycle such as the carbon, oxygen, water, nitrogen, phosphorous or rock cycle and first describe and analyse (with the help of diagrams) how that cycle works within and between Earth’s spheres. 400-600 words.
Section 2: They then discuss how human activities affect that cycle, including
· evidence that humans are affecting the cycle,
· what is causing the changes in the cycle,
· impacts of the changes and future trends and
· the action needed to mitigate or reverse the changes. 500-800 words.
LG 4: Section 3: Students evaluate opposing claims made by secondary sources about a big issue where human activities have affected their chosen cycle. They discuss the validity and reliability of these claims with reference to currently held scientific views, the quality of the methodology and the evidence cited. 500-800 words.
Each reference used in the research paper is to be included in an annotated bibliography (at least 4 of the references are briefly described and evaluated in 2-4 sentences for relevance, reliability and information quality).
|Task Instructions||e.g. materials allowed - format in which task is to be presented - teacher expectations - helpful hints - reference any scaffolding that has been provided - use dot points|
|The Research Paper will follow a template (attached) and Section 3 of the report has to be a discussion of a big issue with opposing claims related to the chosen cycle. A list of possible big issues is provided. The student can choose another big issue but this must be approved by the teacher. Do not plagiarise! Your research should involve taking hand written notes from sources and using your own words when typing the report. All direct quotes should have quotation marks and you must attribute other people’s work with in-text referencing.|
|Assessment Criteria||Must align with Learning Goals and marking schema/rubric - use dot points|
|See attached marking rubric|
|Submission Requirements||e.g. number of drafts accepted - date to be submitted - method of submission - the need to attach a Declaration of Original Work - use dot points|
|· Printed on A4 paper in 12pt Times New Roman, Calibri or Arial, 1.5 line spacing.
· Written in passive voice (no personal pronouns like I, we, you etc.)
· Figures and tables should only be included if they are referred to in the text.
· Harvard style bibliography and referencing with separate listings for Books, Magazines, PDF’s, Articles, Websites. At least four sources annotated with 2-4 sentences. Figures should also be referenced.
· Attached statement that the report is your own work and that no part of the report is copied without acknowledging the source.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE