Critically analyse how knowledge and understanding of the Stolen Generation is relevant to advancing reconciliation between Indigenous Australian people and non-Indigenous Australian people. Outline the purpose of the Aborigines Protection Act 1909(NSW) and the Aborigines Protection Amending Act 1915(NSW);
- Explain the conclusion reached by the High Court in Cubillo v Commonwealth of Australia (No 2)(2000) 103 FCR 1;
- Critically analyse the impact of the Aborigines Protection Act 1909(NSW) and the Aborigines Protection Amending Act 1915 (NSW) on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people’s relationship with the law and access to justice today;
- Explain the significance and limitations of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples as an international human rights law instrument for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Style and Research Requirements:
- In your response you must use respectful language as advised in the Flinders University publication “Appropriate Terminology, Representations and Protocols of Acknowledgement for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples” found in the supplementary materials folder
- In responding to the questions above you must show evidence of an ability to plan and apply legal research strategies. You must use a minimum of 12 peer reviewed and credible academic sources.
- Your response must be structured with an introduction, body and conclusion. You must proofread your assignment and apply written communication conventions.
- You must also use the Australian Guide to Legal Citation 3rd edition (“AGLC”) reference correctly and have a Bibliography.
Length: 2000 words (excluding references)
Second reading speeches
The best links for the second reading speeches for the Aborigines Protection Bill:
Legislative Assembly (15 Dec 1909) - https://api.parliament.nsw.gov.au/api/hansard/search/daily/searchablepdf/HANSARD-290296563-3344
NOTE** Please read this in conjuntion with the Committee Discussion paper (link provided below)
Legislative Council (17 Dec 1909) - https://api.parliament.nsw.gov.au/api/hansard/search/daily/searchablepdf/HANSARD-290296563-7182
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE