General description: In groups of 2-3 members you are required to choose an insurance company operating in Saudi Arabia to write a report on it for this assignment. Make sure to notify you course instructor about members of your group and choice of the company either by email or in person by 1 November 2018 and get his approval before you pursue further with the assignment. This is to ensure that no insurance company is chosen by more than one group among all sections of Principles of Insurance (FIN330) course in the male campus.
Specific tasks: Your report should accomplish follow objectives:
- Provide brief overview of Insurance sector in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (not more than 500 works or two pages).
- Give a general overview of the chosen insurance company by going over its history, organizational structure and financial and market performance for past few years of its operation.
- Provide in depth analysis of lines of insurance business the company is operating in and kinds of policies it is provided and market share in overall Saudi insurance market or certain subsection of the market? Try to show how the company’s products are distinct from those offered by its competitors. Highlight, the market niche if any possessed by the company.
- Analyze company financial performance in terms of the premiums collected, cost efficiency, liquidity, solvency, profitability, growth and other economic and financial aspects. You are advised to use some general and industry specific ratios and benchmarks when doing the above analysis.
- Highlight some areas where company is doing well and others where it is lacking behind from other local or international competitors. Also you should highlight some opportunities as well as challenges that you foresee for the company. Provide are your recommendations for the company to improvement on those issues or to manages risks highlighted.
Assessment: The group report will be evaluated based of following assessment components:
|Assessment component||Maximum %|
|Structure of the report||2%|
|Content of the report||4%|
|Grammar and sentence formation||2%|
|Writing style and referencing||2%|
|Presentation of the report||5%|
Plagiarism and use of printed material: Assignment must be submitted through Turnitin assignment submission. Works with similarity report of 30% or higher will be considered as plagiarized and will get total score of 0% irrespective of presentation results. Furthermore, some other disciplinary measure may be taken against the member of the submitting group. Any graphs, tables, data or ideas which is taken directly or indirectly from secondary source should be referenced properly. You can use any referencing style of your choice as long as you are consistent on one.
Word limit and deadline: The submitted report should between 3000-4000 words (excluding bibliography and appendices). Any work which is below the lower limit (of 3000 words) or above the upper limit (of 4000 words) in terms of word count will get a mark deduction depending of work’s disparity from the limits. Deadline of the softcopies of the final report is 11.59pm on Saturday, 1 December 2018. Hard copies should be submitted by 3pm Monday, 3 December 2018. Reports will be marked and returned to your group by Monday, 10 December 2018.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE