Government and Non-Profit Accounting
Chosen governments: City of Austin Texas 2014 and the CAFR for the City of Alexandria, Virginia
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast the comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR) of the selected local government entity with the government entity identified from Week 1 homework. In your comparison, include:
- Publication method of the CAFR
- Audit and budget information in the CAFR
- The type of audit report issued
- Existence or non-existence of an internal audit function within the government entity
- Prepare the analysis for the selected local government entity, including information on the introduction, financial section, and statistical section prepared in the continuing problem CAFR from chapter 2.
- Analyze the methods used by the selected local government entity in comparing the budget-to-actual reports. Your analysis should include an evaluation of the basis of accounting used for the budget and financial statements.
4 .Analyze the sources of revenue on the selected local government. Your analysis should include information on both governmental and business-type activities of the government. In your report, be sure to examine
- Property taxes and how they are accounted for
- Other sources identified as primary revenue for the entity.
- Deferred revenue
- Year-to-year variations in the tax levels of income
- Various management discussion and analysis items of note
- Information about the general fund
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE