For the case assignment, you are Dan Frye, a member of IBM’s emerging technologies and business team. You are looking to make a name for yourself and volunteered to champion IBM’s strategic move towards embracing Open-Source Software. As an OSS enthusiast yourself, you are well versed in what OSS means and how it functions.
You decide to provide a quick reference document to help other developers and business managers gain an appreciation for what OSS means to IBM.
You begin by answering the following questions:
1. How does the OSS community manage itself? How does the OSS development model differ from more traditional, proprietary models that IBM is accustomed to?
2. Why would an alliance with the Linux development community be attractive to IBM? What could IBM accomplish through this strategic relationship that it could not do on its own? What makes IBM attractive to the Linux development community?
3. What are the benefits and risks associated with collaborating with this community? What barriers stand in the way of a successful, mutually beneficial relationship?
4. How would you recommend IBM approach the Linux development community? Recommend a strategy and action plan for IBM executives.
5. What practices/ strategies would have to change in order for IBM to collaborate with OSS communities?
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE