Question Set #1 will cover Part One of the Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Responses will be evaluated according to the syllabus rubric for the assignment. Please provide complete answers that explicitly demonstrate reflection and synthesis of content from across the Health Services Management and Community Development Curriculum (for example, a question with epidemiological significance should provide some type of epidemiological data and analysis of research in the response. A question with health disparity implications should address issues and provide potential solutions based on content learned in The Role of Culture in Health and Healthcare as support for your response). Students are expected to connect their responses with specific learning from our program as support for your position.
1. What did the doctor’s first believe to be the cause of Henrietta’s cervical lump and what does this tell you about culturally informed practice of the time? How could the providers been more responsive to Henrietta’s needs?
2. Why did David Lacks take Henrietta to the public ward at Johns Hopkins and what does this action have to do with disparity in care? How have we improved care for ethnic minority populations? Where do we need to improve?
3. How did the Pap smear change the epidemiology of cervical cancer? What specifically has driven change in finance and treatment since the time when Henrietta was diagnosed?
4. How did doctor’s, in the time of Henrietta, justify medical research without consent and how did these actions affect changes in how we now conduct health research?
5. Describe how much control Henrietta did or did not have over her treatment and what we can learn from her experience about authority and social control in biomedicine.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE