Date: January 23, 2018
Date Due: January 30, 2018
NOTE: Use http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/mird or ICRP 38/107 to find any needed decay schemes.
- What is the activity (in GBq) of 1015 atoms of 32P, and what total beta energy rate (in μW)
is liberated from such a source?
- What mass (in mg) of 226Ra will emit 1.16×1011 gamma rays at 0.186 MeV over a period of
- At 3:00 PM on Monday, a pure source of 99Mo was removed from the reactor and brought
to your lab. It sat undisturbed until 10:00 AM the following Thursday, when you were able
to extract 24 MBq of 99mTc. What was the activity of the 99Mo immediately after removal
from the reactor? The decay of 99Mo to 99mTc has a branching ratio of 88%.
- Calculate the energy that an alpha and beta particle must have to just penetrate the dead
layer of a person’s skin (7 mg/cm2).
- Some would think to use the effective Z for water as a substitute for the effective Z for
bone. Is this a good assumption? Calculate the effective Z’s for both to find out. The
chemical composition of mineral bone can be approximated as hydroxyapatite, with the
chemical formula Ca10(PO4)6(OH)2.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE