|1. Before you start the checklist
What do you want to happen?
· Tell me what is going on?
· How does that make you feel?
· What do you want to happen? If they know, then go to Step 2.
If they don’t know, or aren’t sure they want to solve the issue – work with them till they can clearly identify the desired result – continue with mainly listening skills.
|2. Why do you want this to happen?
· What are your motivations to change?
· How important is this to you?
· Are there any outside influences making you want to change?
· What are they?
· Is this your decision?
|3. Reality Check||Open-ended questions:
· Does your solution sound like a realistic thing to happen? Why or Why not?
· Is this a quick fix or a long-term solution?
· Will the energy you are putting in get the desired result?
|4. Make a Plan||Open-ended questions:
· Let’s brainstorm some ways to solve the issue…
· What are some ideas that would help with the issue?
· What are some things you could try?
· How would you fit these things into your schedule?
· How would you keep track of how you’re doing?
· Also – find out what they are doing now, or have done in the past, and determine if their plan is feasible, or if they need to build more gradually to reach the desired goal – build self-efficacy/confidence, not burn out.
|5. Commit to Taking Action||Open-ended questions:
· How committed are you to this change?
· What would help confirm or show that you are committed to this change?
· Are there any resources that would help on campus?
· Or are you interested in learning about some resources on campus?
· Would you like me to provide these? (provide referral)
|6. Plan the first step and first reward
· What will your first step be?
· What will be the reward for your first step?
· Would it be Ok to check back in with you in a week to see how things are going?
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE