MGMT 5068 requires students to work to analyze the leadership of a well-known leader, and how this person’s leadership impacts their company. The objectives of this assignment are:
- To apply theoretical leadership knowledge to corporate leadership contexts.
- To understand the integrative relationships among industry environment, corporate strategy, corporate structure, corporate culture and corporate leadership.
- To understand the role of corporate leaders in ensuring goal achievement, smooth internal processes and external adaptability.
- To enhance your skills as a team member to produce work of high quality.
- To improve your research and written communication skills
This assignment is primarily based on theoretical material contained in the text, and practical contextual material obtained online and elsewhere, however additional material can be integrated into your submissions as appropriate. All material must be obtained from publicly available sources and must be cited and referenced accordingly.
Project Quality Control
Professional standards. Each report is to include a Title Page, Table of Contents, Parts A, B, C, D, E, and F as specified, References and Appendices (as necessary). Use of course content with appropriate citations is crucial to achieving a good grade. Your reports are to be structured in accordance with APA 6th Edition Formatting, Citation and Referencing Guidelines – see the document published on the course site. Prior to each submission you must perform a final edit to eliminate errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation etc. and to correct any structural, formatting, citation and referencing anomalies. Lack of quality control will reduce the marks awarded.
MGMT 5068 – Managing Leaders and Leadership F18
Leadership Analysis (20%)
Analyze the Leadership of a well-known business leader that you believe to be (and is generally considered) an effective leader. Choose an individual and company about which there is considerable publicly available information, and submit your choice to the instructor before beginning the assignment. You may consult the Nahavandi 7th Edition Text regarding Jim Goodnight of SAS (page 79) and Southwest Airlines’ Kelleher and Barrett (pages 336 and 337) for ideas about information which would be helpful in your assignment, however you many not use either of these companies or their leaders.
Write a minimum 10 page (maximum 14 page) analysis in which you apply the theoretical leadership knowledge you have acquired to a well-known business leader and demonstrate your understanding of the integrative relationships among industry environment, corporate strategy, corporate structure, corporate culture and corporate leadership. Include the role of your chosen corporate leader in ensuring goal achievement, smooth internal processes, external adaptability, leadership development, etc. Research, analyze and discuss the following:
- Leadership analysis: Describe the leader and analyze their leadership qualities and style using appropriate course concepts, models and theories. (approx. 400 words)
- Company analysis:
- Corporate environment: Analyze the external environment of your chosen company’s industry on a global scale – competitors, expected growth, opportunities, threats, etc. Include leadership theory and concepts wherever appropriate. (approx. 250 words)
- Corporate strategy: Determine the overall strategy of the company including leadership theory and concepts. (approx. 250 words
Note: Word approximations are a guideline to ensure you provide appropriate depth for each question. Suggested word lengths for each section permit an additional 500 words (2 pages) of detail as you see fit. Each leader and company will have unique information, which will be presented differently by each group – this allows you some freedom in your analysis. Creativity is welcome as long as all requirements are met!
Grading Rubric: MGMT 5068: Managing Leaders and Leadership F18
Group Leadership Analyses (20%)
|A. Leadership analysis (20)|
|LEADERSHIP ANALYSIS TOTAL|
|B. Company analysis|
|(i) Industry environment (10)|
|(ii) Corporate strategy (10)|
|(iii) Corporate structure (10)|
|(iv) Corporate culture (10)|
|COMPANY ANALYSIS TOTAL|
|C. Role of corporate leader|
|(i) Integration (15)|
|(ii) Fit, leader development, learning organization, etc. (10)|
|ROLE OF CORPORATE LEADER TOTAL|
|GRAND TOTAL (out of 100)|
Items A–C Inclusive: Assessed on the extent to which the required content is present and on the quality and conciseness of the associated analysis and discussion.
Professionalism: Assessed on the extent to which the structural, formatting, citation and referencing guidelines are met, the quality of spelling, grammar and punctuation and on meeting the page limits.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE