By drawing on the accountability literature, and relevant information in the public domain, you are required to write an essay which critically examines to whom, for what and how (i.e. through what means and processes) is a UK university of your choice accountable.
Weight: 40% of total marks.
Word count: 2,000 words excluding references and appendices.
- You may choose any university in the UK. You are advised to thoroughly read, drawn on, and refer to the following and other relevant articles to get ideas for your essay:
- Sinclair, A. (1995). The chameleon of accountability: Forms and discourses. Accounting, organizations and Society, 20(2), 219-237.
- Demirag, I., & Khadaroo, I. (2011). Accountability and value for money: a theoretical framework for the relationship in public–private partnerships. Journal of Management & Governance, 15(2), 271-296.
- Dubnick, M. (2005). Accountability and the promise of performance: In search of the mechanisms. Public Performance & Management Review, 28(3), 376-417.
- Cooper, S. and Owen, D. (2007), “Corporate social reporting and stakeholder accountability: The missing link”, Accounting, Organizations and Society, Vol. 32 No. 7-8, pp. 649–667.
- Abdullah, A. and Khadaroo, I (2017). The governmentality and accountability of UK national museums and art galleries, Accounting Forum.
- The strategic plan/framework and annual reports of universities which are publicly available (through a search on Google) contain helpful information about the accountability of universities Be creative!
- Your essay should ideally be structured as follows: It should have an introduction, a main body (which may have sub-themes or sub-topics), a conclusion and a list of references you have used.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE