The purpose of this application is to provide the student an opportunity to interview a nurse leader who is doctorally-prepared in nursing, complete a basic organizational assessment, and to critically appraise a selected healthcare policy that might serve as the preceptor, facility, and policy for the DNP project.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes.
CO 1: Distinguish selected factors affecting U.S. healthcare delivery systems and organizations
CO 2: Examine factors affecting healthcare finance and payment systems (PO #9).
CO 6: Evaluate selected healthcare policy models and frameworks (PO #9).
CO 9: Formulate strategies for coalition building and health advocacy (PO #2).
CO 10: Synthesize selected policy analyses affecting advanced practice nursing (PO #2).
This assignment is worth a total of 350 points.
Submit your completed application under the Dropbox tab by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT of Week 4 as directed.
- To complete this assignment, you will need to access to the following databases: CINAHL, MEDLINE, Cochrane Library, and the Joanna Briggs Institute. You may access these databases through the Chamberlain College of Nursing Online Library. The library contains tutorials on how to search these databases.
- The Policy Analysis project is worth 350 points and will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions, grading criteria, and rubric.
- Create your formal written paper using Microsoft Word 2010 or later (a part of Microsoft Office), which is the required format for all Chamberlain College of Nursing documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx.”
- Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this project should be addressed to the course faculty.
- The length of the project report is to be no less than six and no greater than eight pages excluding title page and reference pages.
- APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered).
- Introduction (consistent with APA formatting guidelines)
- Description of selected healthcare policy issue
- Presentation of selected healthcare policy analysis
Preparing the Project Report
You will use the NR708 Policy Analysis Project Interview Guide Form provided in Course Resources to record information from the interview you complete with an appropriate nurse leader. Then, use the information gained from the interview to compile the formal written paper, which is submitted for grading. You will submit the Interview Guide as it discusses the organizational assessment.
The following are best practices for preparing this project report.
- When introducing the interview, be sure to identify appropriate background information regarding the interview process (who, what, where, when, and why).
- When describing the policy issue, be sure to identify appropriate details gleaned from the policy issue interview. Be sure to discuss the organizational assessment of the facility and how the policy was chosen for this paper and possible DNP project.
- When presenting the policy analysis, be sure to fully address each step of the eightfold pathway.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE