The development and value of sustainability as a concept in business. Evaluate examples from real organisations in a comparative approach with evidences from their sustainability policies reports
Sustainability in Theory and Practice Part 2: Individual Report
Sustainability in Theory and Practice
Part 2 Assignment Brief: 3000 words
As part of the formal assessment for the programme you are required to submit a Sustainability in Theory and Practice assignment.
Learning Outcomes: After completing the module, you should be able to:
- Critically analyse the concept of sustainability and its theoretical development.
- Critically examine how sustainability is managed by a range of organisations and its value and appropriateness to a range of new scenarios.
- Critically analyse and evaluate how the process of sustainability is applied within a range of organisations.
- Critically evaluate the relationship between sustainability challenges, sustainability theory and sustainability practice.
- Apply a reflective, ethical and professional approach to the application of sustainability strategy, the development of principles and implementation.
Maximum word count: An Individual Report of 3,000 words.
Please note that exceeding the word count by over 10% will result in a reduction in grade by the same percentage that the word count is exceeded.
This assignment is worth 60% of the total marks for the module. You should prepare an individual report of a maximum word count of 3,000 words. As discussed within the module materials, organisations are expected to take responsibility for the way in which their operations impact societies and the natural environment. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) can be seen as either an integral part of the business strategy and corporate identity, or as a defensive policy. Please read the following academic article and complete the tasks noted below:
Herzog, L., 2017. No Company is an Island. Sector-Related Responsibilities as Elements of Corporate Social Responsibility.
Journal of Business Ethics. [online]. 146,135–148 (Please see the article attached in pdf file)
Section 1: Produce a literature review which critically evaluates the development and value of sustainability as a concept in business. Evaluate examples from real organisations in a comparative approach with evidences from their sustainability policies reports (examples: Willmott Dixon UK against leaders in the field, Tesco PLC against IKEA ) including the organisation (IKEA) you used for the Group Task, to support your discussions. (1,000 words) (LO: 1 & 2)
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE