CET 3116 Digital Technology I Spring 2018 1
DAYTONA STATE COLLEGE
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
CET 3116 DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
LAB PROJECT – 2
Provide the CET 3116 student with the opportunity of familiarizing with the modern methodologies of Digital Design Process and the Automated Digital Design Environment that were reviewed in the group project I.
This project is an individual assignment. Students will work with Altera Quartus® II CAD system. The system can be downloaded for free from www.Altera.com. You need to design and simulate an improved version of the burglar alarm reviewed in class. Altera Quartus® II CAD system will be used in the subsequent course projects.
1. Each student will turn in a report with the results of their design and simulation of the circuits. The report should contain:
• A brief description of the project with circuit layout (schematics), the waveform resulting from the time simulation, and your analysis, including expressions, Karnaugh maps, comments and conclusions.
• Functional time simulation.
• Discussion in how you would implement the circuit in real life and under which considerations.
2. To download the Altera Quartus® II CAD system follow the directions given in the document Quartusinst.doc. You need to use your Daytona state College e-mail and create your Altera account. Just follow the instructions on how to get the license file and installation.
3. Once Altera Quartus® II CAD system is installed watch the videos on QUARTUS II and follow the tutorial Quartus II Introduction Using Schematic Designs. It will guide you on how to do the first part of the project and gain knowledge on how to use Quartus II. You will include snapshots of the resulting circuit and waveform obtained by you.
4. Proceed with the design and implementation of an Enhanced Burglar Alarm that controls the security in a residence with 2 windows and one door. The circuits must be implemented using only NAND gates. Use as guideline the circuit discussed in the class (Combinatorial Circuits: Minimization Part I and section 7.3 in the textbook) and reviewed in the videos of Quartus II. Take snapshots of the circuit and the waveform. You will include this in report for the first part.
5. The project will be evaluated considering the following aspects:
• Result correctness.
• Report completeness.
• Clarity of ideas.
• Bonus points implementing with ALTERA boards DE2-115
• A Drop-box will be available for uploading your report. Only documents submitted as Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or .PDF formats will be considered
CET 3116 Digital Technology I Spring 2018 2
• Enhanced Burglar Alarm report and all Altera Quartus® II CAD system files to be uploaded before Saturday April 14tn,11: 59 p.m. (Eastern Time)
7. A discussion Board is open to interchange ideas on issues regarding installation of software, running and simulating, problems with the simulation etc. Please limit the discussion to this topic. Part of final grade of the project will be based on the discussion posted.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE