Research Report in Cognition
Length: 2000 (+/- 10%) words – do not go over 2200 words
Submission method options: EASTS (online)
You will be required to write a research report in APA style (including interpretation of some simple data analyses) on a topic from within the broad area of cognitive psychology.
Please ensure that you read the subject outline for detailed information about marking criteria and standards for this assignment.
Your task will be:
- to review the relevant literature and write a literature review that provides rationale for the study aims and hypothesis
- use the information provided to write a methods section (with appropriate subheadings) in your own words (i.e., do not copy and paste the information provided. Also, be selective of what information to include.
- write a results section using the output provided
- You will not have to conduct the analyses. These are included in the output. You will however, need to interpret them.
- Include a figure or table only if it provides a better understanding of the data. Do not include a figure or table if you are just repeating what is already presented in the text.
- discuss the results of the analyses in terms of the hypothesis and the literature you have reviewed (i.e., making connections between the current result and previous studies)
- discuss what the result means in relation to the existing models of working/short-term memory (i.e., discuss the implications of the results particularly for the Baddeley and Hitch model of working memory)
- discuss potential logical limitations of the study (not sample size!), directions for future research, and possible alternative explanations for the results – limit this to a paragraph. With 2000 word limit, you need to be very concise.
- use scholarly (peer reviewed) references (including those that have been provided but you are also expected to source other relevant articles). Please do not use websites or the textbook as references (i.e., go to the original source).
- present an APA formatted research report
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE