Select a professional athlete from a sport which must be approved by your trainer.
You are to conduct/create a 24 week training program which contains a detailed 24 week macrocycle and three detailed 1 week microcycles in three distinct phases.
If choosing your own scenario, the athlete you program for must be at a minimum of state level performance.
There are many aspects your program must also cover. These include but are not limited to:
- Pre-screening of athlete. (Age, history of competition, career phase, injuries, ect.)
- Performance testing (must be validated methods and specific to the sport – explain your choices)
- Retest evaluation post training program (must be validated methods and specific to the sport – explain your choices)
- Your program should contain both conditioning and resistance training as part of the program
- The macrocycle should be a review of the layout of the whole program
- The microcycles should contain the weekly layout of sessions and show each workout within that microcycle. Details include warm up, cool down, main body of session. Also detail recovery periods between sessions.
Items to consider:
1. Bring the training program back to the 6 essential factors for High performance: 1. Physiological and fitness targets 2. Psychological targets 3. Tactical and strategic approaches 4. Skill performance or technique development target. 5. Competition or performance targets. 6. Personal Factors.
2.The layout of the periodisation plan. An example is given here:
- Progression between the micro cycles. Show the difference between the cycles as the athlete has more recovery for an upcoming competition or has a higher frequency and intensity while there are no close competition.
- Try to include any innovations (Technical or technology based) that can be implemented into the program for recovery or training purposes. Examples are below.
4. Give the details on the types of competitions/games that the athlete will be taking part in. Create targets and goals for the athlete to meet.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE