Pedagogy assignment: Part 1: Stage 6 HSIE Lesson Plan Sequence (3 x 80 minute lesson plans)
Word length: Lesson Plans: 4x pages per lesson, A4 Landscape; Appendices: 12x pages total, A4 Landscape or Portrait (as relevant).
Mark value: 35 marks
Complete the following steps in planning and preparing Part 1 of this assessment item:
- Choose the prescribed HSC (Year 12) topic for one HSC HSIE subject from the list printed below, selected from the HSC HSIE Stage 6 syllabuses on the NSW Board of Studies website, or a suitable topic for matriculation study within your syllabus if you are not in NSW (confirm your selection with the subject coordinator).
- Identify the HSIE subject to which the HSC Year 12 topic belongs and select relevant outcomes and content from the syllabus as the focus for your lessons.
- Prepare a programme (3 x 80 minutes lessons) of sequenced lesson plans including explicit teaching of the pedagogical perspectives on which your HSIE subject and HSC Year 12 topic are based. This sequential set of lessons would form part of a broader programme of learning for this HSC topic study. You will select appropriate content from the syllabus for your three-lesson programme, and choose at what point in the complete unit programme this sequence of lessons would be located.
- You must use the lesson plan template provided on the Interact2 EMH442 subject site.
- In your Stage 6 lesson plans you will include school and class context, organisational requirements, lesson instructions, teaching and learning inquiry strategies, outlines of transitions between activities, samples of anticipated student responses, teaching resources and other key pedagogical aspects so another teacher could understand and deliver this lesson sequence without requiring any additional resources.
- In your lesson plans ensure that students are focusing on activities that require a level of inquiry, analysis, evaluation and creative engagement that ensure students are engaged in learning Stage 6 HSIE syllabus content and skills requirements appropriate to their course of study. Do NOT include lessons where students view a text or undertake individual study/research for a substantial part of the lesson, and do NOT include homework (outside class) activities.
- Include a range of teaching resources and creative activities that enhance student engagement and develop literacy and numeracy skills, and ensure that some lesson include digital resources and ICT learning activities for student learning. All teaching resources, handouts or text extracts used in each lesson must be attached as word documents or screenshots as an appendix at the end of each lesson in which they are used (unless also used in an earlier lesson).
- Ensure your HSC Stage 6 lesson plan activities include a variety of assessment strategies (diagnostic, formative and summative) to track progress and achievement and to comply with HSC assessment requirements.
- Include the list of references for resources and syllabus links used in your lesson plans at the end of the Part 1 Lesson Plans using APA guidelines as appropriate. In-text citations within the lesson plans are not required. The References list is not part of the word count.
- Submit a Turnitin Similarity Report with your Assessment Item 2 (one Turnitin Similarity Report for the complete Part 1 and Part 2 Word document assessment package).
Part 2: Learning Design Justification Essay
Word length: 800 words (word length does not include References list or the Turnitin Similarity Report)
Mark value: 15 marks
- Compose a Learning Design Justification Essay in which you analyse* and justify* the teaching decisions and learning activities you have incorporated in your Stage 6 HSIE sequence of lessons, and evaluate* their effectiveness in addressing the Stage 6 syllabus objectives, skills, knowledge, outcomes and content, including cross-curriculum priorities and curriculum general capabilities.
- Provide in your essay an overview of the way this Stage 6 HSIE sequence of lessons is located within the complete unit of learning for this section of the HSC course you have selected.
- Use your knowledge of Stage 6 HSIE curriculum pedagogical perspectives to validate and justify your lesson planning and teaching and learning activities, including cross-curriculum priorities and curriculum general capabilities. Check the NESA K-10 History or Geography syllabus for information on cross-curriculum priorities and general capabilities.
- Include a list of References using APA guidelines for resources used and in-text citations. Ensure that you are judicious in using quotations from syllabus documents and other academic sources as quotations and in-text citations are included in the word count.
- Submit a Turnitin Similarity Report with your Assessment Item 2 (one Turnitin Similarity Report for the complete Part 1 and Part 2 word document assessment package).
Identify components and the relationship between them; draw out and relate implications
Make a judgement based on criteria; determine the value of
Provide supporting reasons
HSC Subjects and Topics for Assessment Item 2
HSC Course: Core Cities of Vesuvius – Pompeii and Herculaneum (select ONE content dot point)
Go to the syllabus to see details of the content focus for this HSC topic, links to outcomes and other information for lesson planning (n.b. the new syllabus, which will be first implemented in 2018, is to be used):
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE