Explain why PPP and IFE in theory makes derivatives unnecessary. ii) Evaluate the differing ways in which derivatives can protect against the failings of IFE and PPP. Summary of Barry Eichengreen and Ngaire Woods, The IMF’s Unmet Challenges, Journal of Economic Perspectives; Please submit ONE word file covering the WHOLE assessment, answer
a) Prepare a summary of the following article:
Barry Eichengreen and Ngaire Woods, The IMF’s Unmet
Challenges, Journal of Economic Perspectives—Volume 30,
Number 1—Winter 2015—Pages 29–52
Please read the following 7 items:
1. You must include the title of your submission which must be
“A summary of: “The IMF’s Unmet Challenges” by Barry
Eichengreen and Ngaire Woods, Journal of Economic
Perspectives—Volume 30, Number 1—Winter 2015—Pages
2. You are allowed an extra 26 words to cover the title.
3. This article is available via the University SOLAR> e-journals
4. Your submission should be a summary of the contents of the
5. You are not required to read or quote from any of the cited
articles in the paper. References are not required.
6. You are not required to have specialist knowledge beyond
that delivered in the module.
7. You are writing a summary of the paper – do not write an
essay based on the title of the paper.
(1,000 words; 33 marks)
i) Explain why PPP and IFE in theory makes derivatives
ii) Evaluate the differing ways in which derivatives can protect
against the failings of IFE and PPP.
(2,000 words; 70%)
Please read the following 5 items:
1. Parts b(i) and b(ii) carry equal marks but the word count
is for the whole of part b.
2. Clearly indicate which part you are answering by quoting
the EXACT titles “b(i) Explain…unnecessary” and “b(ii)
Evaluate …PPP”. Do not invent similar titles
3. The lecture slides should be used as the basis of your
4. Words that are not your own must be in inverted commas
and clearly referenced directly after the inverted commas
giving author name, year of publication and page number
of the publication. Further details should be given at the
end of your submission under the title “References”.
5. Referencing is not encouraged, your understanding of the
course material and your ability to present a well
explained argument in your own words based on the
course material is the most important consideration in
assessing your submission.
6. You are allowed 200 words over the 2,000 to cover for all
items considered as extra to the content of your answer.
(2,000 words; 70%)
END OF ASSIGNMENT
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE