From a biomedical perspective explain what is known about the etiology of your selected disease/health issue, current interventions and how they work. Identify one or more major outstanding questions about this disease/health issue and discuss whether and how evolutionary factors might impact how we
should deal with it.
III. Submit your assignment as an MSWord document to the appropriate dropbox
on D2L. Label your file [YOURLASTNAME]2.
Grading Rubric for Individual Assignment #2
Grading rubrics are designed to ensure consistency and are provided as a courtesy to
students. They are guidelines as opposed to strict rules and are not intended to serve
as a template for your paper.
1. Content and analysis (50%)
• The assignment should clearly and correctly explain the etiology of the
disease/health issue. (Tip: Do not simply list the causes. Instead, paint a vivid
picture of the disease mechanism. Describe how it works!)
• The assignment should clearly and correctly describe current ways of
intervening on this disease/health issue. (Tip: Again, do not simply list these.
Instead, relate interventions to the condition’s etiology.)
• The assignment should clearly identify one or more major outstanding
questions about this disease/health issue. (Tip: Do not simply state or report
these projections. Instead, show how future directions for research flow from
the other points you’ve already made about etiology and interventions.)
• The assignment should explain whether understanding the evolutionary origins
of the disease influences interventions or future directions for research and in
2. Quality of writing (30%).
1. Essay should be well organized and it should be clear to your reader why each
part is there.
• Information should be organized in paragraphs. Each paragraph should begin
with a topic sentence. There should be a logical flow between paragraphs.
• The assignment should be written in academic prose, using complete
sentences and free of grammatical errors.
• The main arguments or claims stated by the writer should be supported by
relevant evidence, examples, and/or statistics. The writer should make explicit
connections between works cited and their own points to create a cogent
analysis and a persuasive argument.
3. Appropriateness sources used in paper and proper formatting (20%)
• In-text citations and works cited should be presented in either Vancouver or
APA (American Psychological Association) citation formats. Ideas that are not
your own should be properly cited. Beyond citations, claims should be framed
in such a way that it is clear to your reader whether you are reporting someone
else’s ideas or advancing your own.
• The assignment should not contain extensive or unnecessary quotations of
text from published sources including the papers being analyzed. (Generally,
there should be NO direct quotations for this sort of assignment.)
• All sources should be academically acceptable sources.
• All sources referred to in the text of the assignment should be listed in a
reference section at the end of the assignment.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE