TOPIC: Emerging adulthood, parenting, and the transition from high school to university
GOAL: Examine the roles of parents and the effects of different types of parenting when adolescents/ young adults are transitioning from high school to university or college. The main focus of the research report will be on parenting.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO COVER THROUGHOUT THE PAPER:
- a description of how parent-adolescent relationships change during the transition of the adolescents from high school to university (for example, adolescents struggling to become autonomous, living on their own…)
- how parent-adolescent relationships look different today compared to the past few decades (perhaps the use of technology, how much university students contact their parents compared to the past, etc).
- When describing how the transition to university and the parenting are different today, please compare the effects of helicopter parenting (parents who are overly involved in their children – which means that adolescents aren’t necessarily separating from their parents to the same extent as children of parents who are less involved) on the transition to university.
- Please compare the effects of helicopter parents to parents who give an optimal amount of attention to their kids, or not enough
- Please show the effects that too much/not enough parental attention have on the development of the adolescent.
- Cover “emerging adulthood”
- Arnett’s theory of Emerging adulthood – what are young adults dealing with at this time?
- Baumrind’s model – level of involvement, level of warmth.
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE