Discuss the regulation of electronic nicotine delivery systems (e-cigarettes) in Australia. (Note: you will need to consider regulation at both national and state/territory levels). To what extent is Australia’s regulation of e-cigarettes consistent with the Framework Convention for Tobacco Control and the World Health Organization’s report on Electronic nicotine delivery systems (submitted to the sixth session of Conference of the Parties to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control in 2014)?
Assessment Task 2: Legal case study addressing a public health issue
For this assessment task you will write a case study, in a report format, addressing the legislative and regulatory requirements of a contemporary public health issue. You are required to select a topic from the list provided below. If you have your own topic that you are interested in, you will need to first seek written approval from the Lecturer in Charge (LIC).
2,500 words (+/-10%)
Instructions (Topic) :
The assignment should follow a report-style format with an introduction, number of sections and conclusion. Headings and sub-headings should be used; they also provide clear ‘signposts’ to your content.
In preparing a report, you should include:
- A brief introduction (stating rationale, purpose and structure)
- Number of sections (most of the report)
- describe background and context (historical development, nature and scale of the health problem, political and social context of the legislation)
- explain and analyse the legislative and regulatory framework of the topic
- analyse the legislation in the context of changes and improvements (or otherwise) to public health outcomes
- critique the roles and responsibilities of major stakeholders (government, industry, non-government organisations, etc.) and what role have they played in influencing this legislation? (if applicable)
- analyse and explain whether the national legislation is consistent with international frameworks (if applicable)
- explain the strategies adopted in implementing the legislation.
[Note: The information in the body of the report will vary according to the topic selected for analysis]
- Conclusion (1 paragraph)
- summarise key points and arguments, and discuss future implications (if applicable). If appropriate, you may also include a number of recommendations in the conclusion.
A list of references documenting the evidence used to support your arguments, should be presented at the end of the report. Refer to References below for additional details.
- Word document
- Times New Roman font
- Size 12 font (headings can be larger/bond font if required)
- 1.5 line spacing
- Margins of at least 2cm left and right
Assessment and marking
Postgraduate students are expected to undertake independent readings and research, beyond set readings and websites, and to apply critical judgement for all assignments. The range of evidence (that is, references) used will inevitably contribute to the quality of thinking and writing, and therefore work requirement outcomes. Some particularly important references and resources for health law and policy are included in lectures, tutorials and readings on LEO, and students are encouraged to access these through relevant libraries.
In preparing your assignments, students are expected to submit work that adheres to the academic standards required in relation to grammar, expression, formatting, footnoting, referencing and numbering.
- Factors influencing marking of assignments:
While all assessment contains a degree of subjectivity, the following concerns will influence the marking of assignments
- The degree to which to work displays originality
- Ability to obtain and analyse data and to present it appropriately
- Ability to synthesize ideas
- The use of appropriate concepts, models and theories
- The ability to develop and sustain a line of argument
- Wider reading
- Ability to use sources in a critical way
- Recognition of alternative perspectives
- The quality of written expression
- Factual accuracy
- Observance of conventions governing the citation of sources and the use of the words and ideas of others
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE