- Your typed response to the questions posed below should have a body which is no longerthan 3 pages – 12-point font, double-spaced, and stapled. Spelling, grammar, organization & style, accuracy, effective referencing, and thoughtfulness are all relevant. With the title page and the reference page, the assignment should be roughly 5 pages long.
- It should be crystal clear that you are answering these questions on the basis of the assigned readings (cite page and paragraph numbers whenever you use a source). You should also provide some short, integrated quotations. When citing or quoting the Rachels text, page and paragraph numbers are sufficient – e.g., “ …. ” (p. 85, para. 3). For Jimmy Carter’s op-ed, cite paragraph numbers. Any other sources must also be cited. Cite page and paragraph numbers directly in the body whenever a source is used, not just for
- You must use the sixth, seventh, or eight edition of Rachels’s book; you can make copies of the chapters (pictures orphotocopies).
- Cite the individual chapters from Rachels on the reference page as if they wereessays in an anthology using the format provided
- – 1) provide a title page with all relevant information (your name, student number, the name of the course, section #, title of the assignment, and my name and title); 2.1) provide a properly formatted reference page for each of the readings and sources used, 2.2) reference chapters from Rachels as if they were essays in an anthology (see sample below), 2.3) reference all sources used in alphabetical
- Read chapters 9 & 10 of the Rachels text (“Are there absolute moral rules?” and“Kant and respect for persons”).
- Read Former US president Jimmy Carter’s New York Times 2003 op-ed: http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/09/opinion/just-war-or-a-just-war.html
Background info on the aftermath of the Iraq War: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War (sections 5-10)
- If you take / use information from it, you must give an in-text citation. E.g., “According to one estimate, there were over 150, 000 Iraqi deaths between 2003 and 2006 (Wiki 5.1 sec. 5, para.2).”
- This should also be cited on the reference
Answer all of the following questions:
- What are absolute moral rules and why does Elizabeth Anscombe think that war isalways wrong?
- Kant also believes in absolute moral rules. But Kant believes killing others can be justifiedin some cases. Explain how, for Kant, this shows respect for
- According to former president Jimmy Carter, what are the criteria / conditions for a just / moral war and why does the USA’s 2003 invasion of Iraq not meet these conditions forbeing just / moral? Do you agree?
No extensions will be granted: Begin your assignment now. You have lots of time to complete this assignment and so if you leave it until the night before and get sick (etc.) you will have to live with the late penalties. Also, be sure to back up any drafts, notes, or any work you do on the assignment in case your computer crashes.
James, William. (1890). “The Mind-Dust Theory,” in James, W., The Principles of Psychology, first edition (Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press), pp. 273-305.
Plagiarism: in general: using a source and not acknowledging it.
- This includes taking information from a source (books or websites) without citingit,
- Using someone else’s words as if they were your ownwords,
- Paraphrasing someone else’s words without citing – this includes replacing some of another’s words with synonyms, and presenting another student’s work as if it is your own.
- If the info is not coming from you, you need to cite the source as you use it. Penalty: 0% on the assignment and an academic dishonesty report to the Dean’s
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE