CASE STUDY #2: For submission
- The Data Knows (Bloomberg Businessweek, Sept. 12-16, 2011, p. 70-eoa)
- Where Does Convenience Turn Creepy? (Marketing News, April/May, 2017, p.10-eoa)
1) Integrate the 2 articles and discuss at least 3 key points.
2) Can technology really uncover WHY customers buy products? Discuss thoroughly.
3) To what extent can geotargeting be considered ‘creepy’? What can marketers do to alleviate this issue (discuss 2 ways)?
4) In the retail setting, the first article noted Amazon and its use of data to understand consumer behavior. How about for brick-and-mortar retail stores? What types of data can be useful and how can the data be applied for marketing purposes?
For each assigned case, questions will be provided for students to analyze and submit.
Each student will be required to submit a 1-page (page restriction will be strictly observed)
single-spaced type-written case analysis (TEXT only, not including references or title page). Use
the Q&A (Question & Answer) format in organizing your analysis/submission. Text written after
the 1st page will not be read nor graded. References should be included in a separate page, if
utilized. To guide you in your case analysis, be sure to read the appropriate lecture notes and/or
readings (see Reading Materials). The discussion questions (for posting purposes) will also help
you frame your analysis. Each case study is worth 25 points.
Cases will be evaluated base on the following:
(1) Use of research facts to validate your recommendations/suggestions – 10 points
(2) Integration of previous and/or current lectures’ concepts into the analysis. – 10 points
(3) Organization of analysis contents – 5 points
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE