Essay Question: Why shouldn’t test scores be the only indicator for determining eligibility when identifying gifted student?
Outline are as follows, please answer the essay question with reference to theory and empirical evidence (make sure to use reputable sources only, e.g. peer reviewed journal article or new or government resources)
- Pointing out there is no single, clear cut definition of gifted, please make references with Renzulli, Gardner and Sternberg’s gifted model as example, to explain “scores” both academic achievement and IQ test shouldn’t be the only indicator when identifying gifted.
- Further explain some gifted characteristics such as underachievement and perfectionism can impact teacher rating scales and academic grades
- Factors such as limited English proficiency, low socio-economic status, or learning disabilities (e.g. dyslexia and ADHD) can impact ability test scores.
- Ability and achievement test scores may not be correlated.
- Please find are there any country has the regulations state that no single criterion shall be used in determining students who qualify for, or are denied access to programs for the gifted. (maybe in Australia, but I’m not sure) and why do they do that, what are the consequences for that?
TO GET THIS OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT DONE FOR YOU FROM SCRATCH, PLACE A NEW ORDER HERE